Smart ICP-OES is an atomic emission spectrometry technique. It is used to accurately determine elements over a wide range of concentrations in simple and intuitive Reef Factory software. Smart ICP is a modern, easy to use and the most accurate way of seawater and RO/DI water testing available to the aquarist. Thanks to modern technology, taking care of stable parameters in a marine tank has never been easier.
● Most up to date laboratory
● Tests performed directly in the Reef Factory laboratory
● Direct recommendations in the application
With Smart Reef, sample registration, test results and dosing recommendations are all available in one place.
How to perform a Smart ICP test?
1. Fill up 2 tubes with seawater and stick on the label “seawater”
2. Fill 3rd tube with RO/DI water and stick on the label “RO/DI water”
3. Register your samples in the Smart Reef application.
4. Fill in the address data and stick the label on the envelope
5. Place the tubes with water in the envelope and send the package.
What to do next?
Based on the test results, the Smart Reef system will create supplementation recommendations so you can maintain the best living conditions for your corals. These recommendations can be entered by you, or if you have our Dosing pumps, they can be sent directly through the dosing pumps, which in turn will precisely dispense the right amounts of chemicals to provide the essential elements needed for the animals’ life and well-being.
● User’s manual
● 3 test tubes
● Tissue for drying the tubes
● 2 stickers with QR code for seawater
● 1 sticker with QR code for RO/DI water
● Shipping labels
● Jelly beans
ICP ROYAL MAIL POSTAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Follow the instruction card included for filling and labelling your water sample.
- Register your ICP test in Smart Reef
- Affix the Coral Compass address label to the FRONT of your envelope:
Coral Compass Ltd
ICP – OES
Unit 8, Redwood Court
For test kits already in the market, please write the Coral Compass (above) address on the envelope. There is no longer any need to fill in your home address details as indicated in the manual. (Step 4) Manual will be updated for future UK production.
- Book online via the Royal Mail website or in person at your local Post Office. Please use the ‘Tracked’ service, not signed.
- ICP tests received by Tuesday 1pm at the Coral Compass offices, will be consolidated and sent via Courier to Reef Factory Lab at HQ the same day. Coral Compass will send test sample shipments weekly.
- Any test samples packages received after Tuesday 1pm will be sent one week later, on the next following weeks shipment.
- *Analysis test results should be available by Friday of the same week or in some cases on Monday the following week.