The All in One RKS (Reef Keeping System) by Modern Reef contains the essential trace elements, organic/inorganic micronutrients and amino acids found in seawater, all in one product! The RKS contains all you need to maintain a thriving and colourful reef aquarium. The RKS has been developed to enhance red, pink, blue, purple and especially yellow/orange pigments and extreme polyp extension in all types of corals.
Designed to be used with ‘blue-side’ spectrum reef aquariums for better colour excitation and stimulation, but can be used in all type of reef keeping conditions. With the correct white spectrum and light schedule, this product can increase growth by 2x the normal rate but will also be consumed by approximately 1.5-2x. It’s a 4 equal parts dosing system by proportional consumption of KH (@ 7.2-8.5dKH) to avoid any overdose. Aiming to make professional and modern reef keeping simple and easy.
You don’t need to use any product like amino acids, mixed trace elements or any other tagged for coral colouration, polyp extensions or growth. All are included by proportional consumption except solid food. Which will make you save a lot of money and work. Also will help avoid any overdosing.
It does not contain Nitrates (no3) or Phosphates (po4). Can be used with any method to control no3 and po4 in your reef aquarium that you prefer like carbon dosing, bio-pellets, refugium, po4 absorbers etc.
Our Modern Reef All-in-one RKS will adapt to your aquarium setup and not the other way around. It will provide the proportional need of your reef by finding the ideal KH level that should be used in relation to the calcium level. Please refer to “Dosage” below for more information.
10ml x100 liters will raise 1dKH
Modern Reef All-in-one RKS is a ready to use 4-equal parts liquid. Can be dosed by hand but it is recommended to be used using a dosing pump. Especially for SPS dominant reef aquariums. Preferable a dosing pump that can be calibrated with 4 heads.
- If your doser has only 3 heads, you can combine one part of kh1 with one part kh2 in one canister or container. In this case, you will have to multiply the combined kh1 and kh2 dosage by 2.
- Please consider these tips to improve the pump performance for accurate dosing and stable reef aquarium:
- The tubing from the canisters to the dosing pump heads should have the same length and also from the pumps to your aquarium should have the same length. This will make the pumps have the same conditions and calibration will be more constant between them.
- Calibrate your dosing pump following the recommendation of the manufacturer. Don’t forget to check the calibration every 6 months and recalibrate if needed.
- Set the doser to dose equal parts and give at least 10 minutes between each dosing pump. Ideally, start with KH1, then CAL, then KH2, then MAG with a 10-15 minutes gap in between.
- Spread the daily dosage as many times as your dosing pump allows it per day.
Simply dose equal parts from each to keep KH between 7.2-8.5dKH and all the rest will be proportionally kept. The first 2 weeks, try to find the ideal KH level for your reef aquarium light spectrum based on calcium consumption. In other words, please dose equal parts to keep calcium stable between 380-420ppm and then test your KH to find your Ideal KH level keeping it between 7.2-8.5dKH. This way our Modern Reef All-in-one RKS will adapt to your aquarium setup consumption and not the other way around.
- Example 1: If you are dosing equal parts from each to keeping KH at 7.5 and your calcium is going down, raise your dosage to increase and keep KH at 7.7 and check calcium again. Repeat if needed. Once you find the ideal KH level for your tank, you don’t need to test calcium often.
- Example 2: If you are dosing equal parts from each to keeping KH at 8 and your calcium is going up, lower your dosage to decrease and keep KH at 7.8 and check calcium again. Repeat if needed. Once you find the ideal KH level for your tank, you don’t need to test calcium often.
- Our Modern Reef All-in-one RKS don’t need to be shaken or any type of magnetic stirrer.
You don’t need to use any product like amino acids, mixed trace elements or any other tagged for coral colouration, polyp extensions or growth. All are included by proportional consumption except solid food. Avoid them when using this product.
- Please keep this product in a dark or shadow place. Never under direct sun or any other type of light. Preferable to be used in the original canisters that they come with. If you have transparent containers, make sure that there is no light source near it.
- Direct strong light can make some elements unstable and because this product contains a sort of “life source”, some microorganisms may start multiplying in the transparent containers if direct light is present. The original canisters should protect the liquid enough from any light but it is better to avoid direct sun or aquarium light.
This product doesn’t need to be refrigerated, but if you need to store it, do it in a cool place.