Kalkwasser – Translates from the German for limewater and is a solution made by dissolving Calcium Hydroxide in water. The resultant fresh solution is alkaline with a pH of 12.4 and contains a ready supply of both Calcium ions and Carbonate ions. The solution reacts readily with CO2 in the atmosphere to form calcium carbonate and so it must be made in a relatively air tight environment which is where the kalkwasser stirrer comes in to play.
The KM500ST is a stirrer suitable for larger tanks up to 6700 lts – 1500 UK gallons – 1800 USG and will produce up to 10lt – 2.6 USG of kalkwasser per hour.
- Dimensions: 220mm x 220mm x 480mm | 8.7″ x 8.7″ x 19″ (L x W x H)
- Consumption: 7.5V | 3 Watts
- Suitable for aquariums up to 6700 lts – 1500 UK gallons – 1800 USG
- Can be stood on the outside of the aquarium or sump.
- Must gravity feed back into the water supply.
- Feed with RO water from a reservoir or direct from the RO unit.
- Use in conjunction with a top up system.
- Supplied with 500ml tub of RowaKalk.
- Makes up to 10lt 2.5 USG of kalkwasser per hour.