Designed for the advanced hobbyist who understands the features in this aquarium or for the novice who wants to buy an aquarium where he is guaranteed success, the new D-D systemised aquariums incorporate the following features:
- A high quality low iron glass rimless aquarium
- Silent “invisible” weir and overflow arrangement
- Incorporates twin filter socks and filter silencing
- Rigid pipe work
- Heavy duty furniture quality cabinet
- Modern clean styling throughout
- Tall cabinet for aesthetics and easy access for equipment
- Heavy duty adjustable feet
- Large sump with inclusive top up reservoir
INNOVATIVE DESIGN BY D-D
Built in low iron high clarity glass, the aquarium features a braceless design producing a clean and modern display with easy access for maintainance tasks.
A standard weir box can become an unattractive focal point in any aquarium, dictating aquascaping to try and hide it and interupting flow patterns inside the tank. With this in mind the “invisible weir box” of the PRO-Reef models has been carefully designed to minimise intrusion into the aquarium whilst exceeding the functionality found in most aquariums.
The Weir on the Reef-PRO 90s incorporates the following features.
- Twin stand pipe design for SILENT running
- Dry box section to allow cabling to be run through the aquarium, rather than dangle down the back, further enhancing the Reef-PRO’s clean lines
- The “invisible” angled weir box reduces dead spots within the aquarium and improves flow dynamics, enables a long weir comb to be fitted to allow higher flow return pumps and allows easier aquascaping within the aquarium
- The pump pipework returns internally via the glass weir box, maintaining a clean look to the aquarium with no ugly pipework sitting above the rim.
- Black backing to the aquarium as standard
The PRO-Reef cabinet is designed to be tall to perfectly balance the aquarium and can be supplied flat-pack or pre-assembled, designed and built by D-D in the U.K to ensure a consistent high quality and an extremely strong cabinet.
The top, bottom and main structural uprights of the cabinet are made of 36mm waterproof board providing rigidity, excellent load bearing properties, giving the impression of a piece of furniture rather than just another tank cabinet.
High gloss finishes are used throughout the build for easy cleaning, water rejection and to match the aquariums’ modern lines.
- Available in black or white.
Single section cabinet to house a sump and equipment.
The tall cabinet provides good headroom for the use of taller equipment and ease of maintainance, we have also included a double fold back door and soft close hinges for even better access.
When installing an aquarium it is of the upmost importance to provide a level base, unlevelled cabinets can stress the glass and can result in an uneven water level in the aquarium. The D-D aquarium cabinet design includes heavy duty adjustable feet allowing for accurate leveling of the cabinet and aquarium.
There are as many ideas about sump design as there are hobbyists.
Within D-D we have many decades of experience in designing, building and running large successful aquariums and have combined this knowledge to produce what we believe is the perfect sump layout for the space available.
The ultra quiet twin pipe weir system is further refined at the sump level by including a section whereby the pipes are completely submerged resulting in a silent water return into the sump with no splashing or gurgling.
The water from that section overflows through twin filter socks which incorporate a diffused silencer plate to silence any water noise.
From there the filtered water flows Into two large equipment compartments. These chambers can both hold equipment such as skimmers, media reactors, calcium reactors etc or you can use one chamber as a refugium with caulerpa/cheato. Here again there is flexibility to alternate these sections for those who prefer to skim before or skim after the refugeum.
The final section is a generous sized return pump compartment which sits beside the integrated water top off reservoir located to the side of the sump
D-D offer a menu of equipment to complete your system which perfectly balance and compliment the aquarium or you have the flexibility to add your own equipment or equipment from other companies.
RETURN PUMP – H2Ocean Flow 5000
TOP UP UNIT – D-D RUW 12VLS
SKIMMER – Deltec SC1351 or SC1456
CALCIUM REACTOR – Deltec PF509
FLUIDISED REACTOR – D-D FMR-75 or Deltec FR509
LIGHTING – 2 x PRIME or 2 x Hydra26 HD with D-D Slimline tank mount brackets.
AQUARIUM – 90L x 61W x 46T (cm)
CABINET – 90L x 61W x 100T (cm)
SUMP – 72L x 51W x 38T (cm)
Twin 32mm Standpipes
1 x 25mm rigid pump pipework